Sikkim Tourism and Tour Packages:
Sikkim Tourism plays an important role in the North East Indian Tourism Destination and become one of the most visited and popular destination in India. Beside the spactacular Natural beauties of SIkkim, Amazing Lakes, backdrop of Snow peak mountains, lush green Valleys, Sikkim Tourism has also achieved the prestigious awards in multiple category for the most clean, peacefull and first 100% organic state of India. SikkimTrip.com offers you a hassle free all inclusive tour package to visit Sikkim along with required Travel Information, Permit assistance and anything related to your travel to Sikkim.
Sikkim Tourism Destination:
Explore incredible Sikkim tourism destination. Sikkim devided into four region as East Sikkim, North Sikkim, West Sikkim and South Sikkim. We have enlisted tourism destination of Sikkim under each region:
East Sikkim Tourism
- Tsomgo Lake
- Baba Harbajan Singh Memorial
- Nathula Pass (China border)
- Rumtek Monastery
- Tashi view point
North Sikkim Tourism
- Chopta valley
West Sikkim Tourism
- Khecheopalri Lake
South Sikkim Tourism
Q: What is the best time to Visit sikkim ?
Answer: However, as per traveller choice Sikkim become one of the most popular all season Travel and Tourism destination in India. But the best time to visit Sikkim is March to June and October to December. If you are excited to enjoy snowfall, then January, february and March are the best month to visit sikkim.
Q: Which are the most popular Tourism Destination in Sikkim ?
Answer: However, each year increasing number of tourists travelling to regular and offbeat across all the tourism destinations of Sikkim. But the most popular tourism destinations of Sikkim are Gangtok ( Tsomgo Lake, Baba Mandir and Nathula Pass ), North Sikkim ( Lachung, Yumthang, Lachen and Gurudongmar lake ), Pelling and Namchi Chardam.
Q: How many days required to visit Sikkim ?
Answer: That is totally depends on travellers time frame. You can plan your tour from 03 Nights to 15 Nights to cover all the tourism destination of Sikkim. However, 05 Days to 09 Days tours itinerary are more popular among the tourist, which cover top most tourist places of Sikkim along with Darjeeling.
Q: What are the top 5 Sikkim tour Packages ?
Answer: However, there is a huge number of tour package itinerary has given to explore incredible Sikkim tourism destinations. But the most popular Top 5 Sikkim Tour Packages Itinerary are TOUR 01: 04 Nights 05 Days – Gangtok 02 Nights and Darjeeling 02 Nights. TOUR 02: 05 Nights 06 Days – Gangtok 03 Nights, Lachung 01 Night and Lachen 01 Night. TOUR 03: 06 Nights 07 Days – Gangtok 02 Nights, Pelling 02 Nights and Darjeeling 02 Nights. TOUR 04: 07 Nights 08 Days – Gangtok 03 Nights, Lachung 01 Night, Lachen 01 Night, Darjeeling 02 Nights TOUR 05: 08 Nights 09 Days – Gangtok 03 Nights, Lachung 01 Night, Lachen 01 Night, Pelling 02 Nights and Darjeeling 01 Night.
Q: What is the Snowfall time in Sikkim ?
Answer: If you are excited to catch Incredible snowfall, then the best time to travel sikkim in the month of January, February and March. This three month you will find snowfall and magnificent snow capped valley everywhere like North Sikkim, Lachung, Lachen, Yumthang Valley and Gurudongmar lake, Tsomgo lake, Baba Mandir and Nathula Pass. Mostly snowfall starts from the month of December.
Q: How to Reach Sikkim?
Answer: Almost All the modes of transportations are available to visit Sikkim. This Paradise on Earth is well connected by airways, railways and roadways. In spite of being a hilly state, transportation of Sikkim is comfortable and more frequent to enjoy the ride on the world’s most beautiful valley. Nearest Rail station is New Jalpaiguri Rail station ( 124 Km from Gangtok), which is all conneted by rail with all major cities of India like Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Surat and many more. Nearest airport is Bagdogra airport (114 Km from Gangtok), which is also well connected with all major airport of India.
Q: What are the Nathula Pass (Indo-Chaina Border) Open days ?
Answer: Nathula Pass is closed on Monday and Thuesday. Other then those days all the five days are open for the tourist. One can apply 48 hours prior for the permit. Because of the security reason very limited vehicle allows in Nathula pass, so your travel to Nathula pass depends on your permit availability.
Q: Why travellers love to Visit Sikkim repeatedly?
Answer: Rapidly increasing number of first time arrival tourist in every year along with Millions of Indian and foreign tourist travel to sikkim multiple times because of its incredible natural beauty beside the peacefull and tourist friendly atitude of local people as well as most cleanest and first 100% organic state of India. Its little difficult to explain the beauty of SIKKIM – Its pristine air, spectacular backdrop of snowy peaks, Serene lakes, Magnificent Valleys and surrounding greenery make it ‘the jewel in the Himalayas’, a place of remarkable natural beauty. Sikkim is the most peaceful state of India With the magnificent Mt Kanchendzonga range forming the backdrop and the serenity of Incredible lakes and valleys of Flowers.”
Q: What are the Distance between tourist place of Sikkim ?
Answer: We have given a complete box chart ( please scroll down) of Distances by road in between tourist places of Sikkim.
Q: What are the adventure activity available in Sikkim ?
Answer: If you are adventure lover then Sikkim is the perfect destination for you. Sikkim has wide range of adventure activity oppurtunity to offer. Experience mid to high altitude trekking, paragliding, River rafting, beach camping, jungle walking and many more…
Q: What Documents and formalities required for Indian to travel Sikkim ?
Answer: Indian citizen need to carry original Voter card and 04 to 08 copy passport size photos. To travel few places of Sikkim like north Sikkim, Tsomgo lake, Baba mandir required Inner Line Permit (ILP), which is very easily available
Q: What Documents and formalities required for Foreigner to travel Sikkim ?
Answer:Foreigners must obtain Inner Line Permit (ILP) to visit Sikkim. These can be obtained from all Indian Missions, Sikkim Tourism Offices at New Delhi, Kolkata, District Magistrates Office of Darjeeling, Siliguri, and Rangpo on the strength of an Indian Visa. The 30 days duration Permit is issued on the spot without any delay provided photocopies of the passport and visa along with two pass port photos of the applicants are made available. The permissible duration of the stay for foreign tourists is 30 days initially.The State Government is authorized to extend the same by a further period of 30 days. The extension of the permit can be obtained from FRO at Gangtok and office of Superintendent of Police of the North, West and South Districts.For those interested in going for trekking in the interior region of the state, the Tourism and Civil Aviation issues Protected Area Permit (PAP) at Gangtok which is available for certain specified area for groups consisting of two or more foreigners subject to condition that the trekking programme is arranged through a registered travel agency.
Q: How to book a package for Sikkim ?
Answer: Sikkimtrip.com enlisted a bundle of tour package itinerary on different duration starts from 02 nights to 18 nights covering top tourist travel places of Sikkim. Click here: https://www.sikkimtrip.com/tour-packages Find your suitable tour and drop your valuable query to get Quotation to compare. If you find suitable may confirm. Any further assistance you may call us to +91-9733371144
Q: What about Bank and ATM ?
Answer: Gangtok is the capital city of Sikkim State and here most of Indian Govt and Private Banks as well as 24 hours ATM available.
Q: What about the availability of Pure Vegetarian Food, Restaurent and Hotel ?
Answer:Beside the top class Vegetarian restaurents availability in Gangtok most of the tourist places of Sikkim has huge number of pure veg Hotels and resorts. Many of pure veg hotels chain group has come up and having properties in through out Sikkim including offbeat areas
Q: What are the Do’s and Don’ts in Sikkim ?
Answer: If you are travelling to Sikkim keep in mind few notes about Do’s and Don’ts in Sikkim
- All travelers (including child) must carry during tour: Original ID Address proof (PAN card not valid ), if child school ID card , 04 to 06 Copy Passport size photos, photocopy of ID
- Vegetation is fragile; follow designated trails.
- Avoid littering and deposit garbage at designated places.
- Keep all pollutants away from streams and lakes.
- Respect local culture by taking permission before taking photographs.
- Dress modestly. Be aware of the customs and manners and culture of the local people.
- It is customary to leave a donation at a monastery and to circle shrines in clockwise direction.
- Don’t disturb wildlife or its habitat.
- Don’t buy endangered species or antiques.
- Don’t smoke, drink alcohol or talk loudly near sacred places.
- Don’t pluck plants or flowers.
Sikkim General Information:
State Name :Sikkim is the 23rd.state of democratic India from 1973.
Capital City :Gangtok, Altitude :5,500 ft. Area: Approximately 15 sq. kms., Population approximately : Total State – 5, 40,000 & Gangtok 50,000, Climate : Summer (Temp. 28* C Max. & 13.1* C Min.) Winter (Temp. 18* C Max. & 5.3 *Min.) Rainfall : 3,894 mm per annum Latitude : 27- 28* North Longitude : 88 – 89* East Literate : 56.94% Clothing : Light woolens for summer and Heavy woolens for winter. Nearest Airport : IBX Bagdogra Airport, 125 km from Gangtok & 4 hours Nearest Railway Station : New Jalpaiguri (124 km from Gangtok & 4 hours) Languages spoken : Nepali, Hindi, Sikkimsse, Lepcha, Gorkhali, English, State Plant : Rhododendron State Flower : Noble Orchid State Animal : Red Panda State Bird : Blood Pheasant Total Zone : Four Zone- North, East, South & West Geography : Sikkim is one the most beautiful state in India located in Eastern Himalaya and surrounded by High Mountain and deep valleys in between the Tibet in the north, Royal Bhutan in the East and Nepal in West. Total area of Sikkim and it lies in between Longitude 88 – 89* East and Latitude 27-28* North
Tourist Friendly policy by Sikkim Tourism:
Sikkim Government is very strong and innovative about tourism friendly policy to Keep state Peacefull, Clean, Green and Eco Friendly. Beside the welcoming atitude of citizens of sikkim, they are very clean and envirnment friendly, which made sikkim one of the most cleanest state in India and played important role in the “Swachh Bharat Abhiyan” by Governtment of India. Sikkimise Environment friendly commitment made sikkim first 100% organic state in India and one of few Organic state in the world. This is the key factors of the massive tourism growth of Sikkim.
Achivement of Sikkim tourism
1.Sikkim is the Best Tourism Performing state of North East India
2.Best Eco tourism state in India
Sikkim Helicopter Service
Sikkim Helicoptor : Height of Luxury
For the more discerning travelers, Sikkim Tourism is proud to present the Sikkim Helicopter Service from Gangtok to Bagdogra Airport and back. The five-seater Helicopter offers an exclusive mode of transport not merely enabling connecting flights, but also to see Sikkim from an entirely new view.
Sikkim Helicopter Service also conducts, besides the regular runs to Bagdogra Airport and back, special mountain flights. Come and see the majesty of the Himalayan peaks from close up like never before, Feast your eyes on the grandeur and the sheer size of the great Mount Khanchendzonga, the third highest peak in the world, or check out the symmetrical beauty of Mount Siniolchu, considered by many as the most beautiful peak in the entire Himalayan range, or fly over Gangtok and get a comprehensive view of the layout of the town with its winding roads and many alleys.
Special flights are also conducted over West Sikkim and North Sikkim for a bird’s eye-view of the monasteries and the exotic Valley of Flowers, Yumthang.
Restricted Area Permit and Protected Area Permit Regime in Sikkim
To visit Sikkim foreigners must obtain Restricted Area Permit (RAP) previously known as Inner Line
Permit from Sikkim Tourism Officers on the strength of valid Indian Visa.
The RAP is issued free of cost by
- 1. Ministry of Home affairs, Government of India, Lok Nayak Bhawan, New Delhi
- 2. All Foreigners Registration Offices.
- 3. All Indian Mission Abroad
- 4. Immigration Offices at Airports at Mumbai, Kolkatta, Chennai and New Delhi
- 5. Deputy Director, SNT Complex, Siliguri, Tourism Department phone no: 0353 – 2512646
- 6. Assistant Director – Tourism Department, Sikkim House, Panchasheel Marg, New Delhi, Tourism Department, phone number : 011- 41680421/011-26115346
- 7. Assistant Director – Tourism Department, Sikkim Tourism Office, 4/1 Middleton Street, Kolkatta, Phone Number : 033 22817905
- 8. Assistant Director – Tourism Department, Melli, Near Melli Police Check Post, South Sikkim, Mobile No: 9775453611, 03595-248536
- 9. Deputy Director, Tourism Department, Sikkim Tourism Office, Rangpo, East Sikkim, Phone no : 03592-240818
- 10. Resident Commissioner, Government of Sikkim, Sikkim House, New Delhi
- 11. Deputy Commissioner, Darjeeling, West Bengal
- 12. Deputy Secretary/ Under Secretary, Home Department, Government of West Bengal, Kolkatta
The Nationalities of Pakistan, China, Maymmar and Nigeria will not be issued Permit without the prior approval of the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India, New Delhi. Foreigners are advised to travel in a group of two or more in restricted areas of Sikkim. Foreigners are not allowed to travel single.
Protected Area Permit (PAP) for various places in Sikkim are issued as follows
1. Tsongo – Baba Mandir-permit are issued by Police Check Post for Domestic Tourist. For foreign tourist, permit is issued by Tourism & Civil Aviation Department and Police check post.
2. Nathula Pass – Permit is issued by Tourism Department and Police Check Post for domestic tourist.
1. Dzongri Trek – Permit is issued by Adventure Cell of Tourism & Civil Aviation Department, Govt. of Sikkim
2. Singalila Trek – Permit is issued by Adventure cell of Tourism & Civil Aviation Department, Govt. of Sikkim
1. Yumthang – Permit is issued by Police check post for Domestic Tourist and for foreigners permit is issued by Tourism Department and Police Check Post
2. Yumesamdong – Permit is issued by Police check post for Domestic Tourist and for foreigners permit is issued by Tourism Department and Police Check Post
3. Thangu-Chopta Valley – Permit is issued by Police Check post for Domestic Tourist and for Foreigners permit is issued by Tourism Department and Police check post. Foreigners must apply through a Sikkim Tourism registered Travel Agent in groups of two people or more for visiting these areas.
4. Gurudongmar – Permit is issued by Police check post for domestic tourist and for foreigners permit is issued by Tourism Department till Thangu.
5. Green Lake Trekking Permit is issued by Tourism Department after obtaining a valid permit from Ministry of Home Department, New Delhi.
- Restricted Area Permit is a valid permit for trekking anywhere in the South District for Foreign Tourist.
- Alpine Mountaineering Expedition permit is issued by Tourism Department after obtaining valid permit from Home Department , Government of Sikkim , Gangtok, for the following peaks as per the Home.
- Department Notification no: 25/Home/2006 dated 20/3/2006
- Tinchenkhang 5603 metres ( West Sikkim)
- Jopuno 5935m (West Sikkim)
- Freys peak 5830m(West Sikkim)
- Lama Angden 5868m( North Sikkim)
- Brum Khangse 5433m ( North Sikkim)
- National park and Wildlife Sanctuary entry permits is issued by Forest Department at Gangtok.
Distance between tourist places of Sikkim Tourism:
|IXB Bagdogra Airport to Gangtok||124 kms.||4 hours.|
|New Jalpaiguri Rly. Station||125 kms.||4 hours.|
|Siliguri to Gangtok||114 kms.||3.5 hours.|
|Darjeeling to Gangtok||94 kms.||4 hours.|
|Kalimpong to Gangtok||75 kms.||3.5 hours|
|Pelling to Gangtok||117 kms.||5 hours.|
|Yuksom to Gangtok||124 kms.||7 hours.|
|Lachung to Gangtok||125 kms||6 hours.|
|Yumthang to Gangtok||145 kms.||7.5 hours.|
|Lachen to Gangtok||130 kms||6 hours|
|Gurudogmar Lake to Gangtok||186 kms.|
|Namchi to Gangtok||79 kms||4 hours.|
|Phodong to Gangtok||32 kms.|
|Ravangla to Gangtok||65 kms.||3 hours.|
|Tsomgo Lake to Gangtok||34 kms.||2 hours|
|Nathula (China Border) to Gangtok||56 kms.||3 hours|
|Phuentsholing ( Bhutan Border)||250 kms.||8 hours.|
|Kakarvita ( Nepal Border) to Gangtok||5 hours.|